Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Online Yoga vs Social Media

I have been trying to remove myself from big tech social media platforms lately. As an individual it feels insignificant, but if we all stopped supporting Big Tech and Big Corporations they would cease to exist, and it has to start somewhere.

I deleted my facebook for a second time. I've uninstalled Whatsapp and Instagram. And I've uploaded my entire Youtube library to Odysee.com

Odysee.com is an alternative to youtube that isn't owned by any corporation. Here is a brief description:

 

Odysee, a video website built by LBRY, Inc. using their LBRY protocol, entered beta in September 2020 and officially launched that December. As of December 2020, 400,000 people had posted 5 million videos on Odysee, and the site had 8.7 million monthly active users.
 
 
Another site that is a competitor of facebook is called Gab.com. They have their own servers so can't be shut down or censored by big tech server owners like Amazon. 

We have just recently moved to an apartment in Penticton BC so I have been posting less online Yoga videos, but now that we are getting settled I will be posting more often.

Please check out my Yoga classes at www.youtube.com/roham or www.odysee.com/@roham

I try to stream live 3 times a week but currently cant guarantee any
Lots of love and hope to see you on your mat.


No comments:

Post a Comment