Sunday, July 14, 2013

Facebook Censuring Businesses

It seems no matter what I post on Facebook under our family's restaurant account barely anyone sees it. And after one of my most recent posts I actually txted 50 friends on my cellphone asking them to go to the restaurant page and share the newest post I just added. Of the 50 people I asked I have only been able to see 5 people actual share it. And the weirdest thing? My sister-in-law is one of the five people to share the post, but my brother can't see that she shared it on her timeline at all, and he can't even find the post on our restaurants timeline either!   I guess the reality is that if people don't boost or promote their posts for the suggested $5-$30 it won't reach the possible audience of 12000 people, even if the post is good. In-fact I'm wondering if it would even reach an audience of a dozen people. Anyways, here is a screen grab of what I see when logged in on our restaurant page.




Here is another screen grab. Notice the "paid reach" section?



No comments:

Post a Comment